I’m participating in Ethony’s 2019 31 Days of Tarot challenge. Since I don’t have a YouTube channel, I am participating through Instagram and here!
Day 2 — Top 5 Tarot Decks of 2018 (purchased or released in 2018), in order of acquisition:
- Anima Mundi Tarot — My first purchase of 2018 and my favorite animal-based deck
- Stella’s Tarot — My soul deck: fun, whimsical, and quirky, yet grounded
- Carnival at the End of the World — This deck reinvigorated my love for tarot. I love its strangeness and otherworldliness
- Antique Anatomy Tarot: Ephemera Edition — I love the antique look of this deck. It’s also my only pip deck. I love the juxtaposition of the black-and-white bones/accoutrements with the colorful flora. It feels safe and classic.
- Moon Void Tarot — This deck feels so simple and contemporary, yet personal. I love using it for personal readings.
I skipped Day 3 since I don’t really have any oracle decks, except one.
Day 4 — Top 5 Tarot Books of 2018 (purchased or released in 2018):
- The New Tarot Handbook — A succinct explanation of RWS meanings by the one and only Rachel Pollack
- The Fairytale Tarot Guidebook — My favorite tarot guidebook. It provides the fairytale associated with each tarot card and an analysis of the card’s meaning in the context of each fairytale
- WTF is Tarot? — An easy-to-read and refreshing take on tarot card meanings. I found the explanation of court card meanings to be particularly unique and memorable
- Tarot Tells the Tale — A compilation of the Ask KnightHawk column in the style of “Dear Abby” letters, composed of three-card readings for fictional, literary, and historical characters
- 365 Tarot Spreads — A unique spread for everyday of the year!
Day 5 — Stalker Cards of 2018:
Top 3 overall:
Four of Swords (20 times)
Page/Princess of Swords (18 times)
The High Priestess (18 times)
By time period:
January – April — The Lovers (9 times)
May – August — Four of Swords (8 times)
September – December — The Hierophant (11 times)
Day 6 — Deck you finally crossed off your wish list in 2018: The Fairytale Tarot
I had been wanting the Fairytale Tarot and the Fantastic Menagerie Tarot ever since I started dabbling in tarot, and I was finally able to cross the Fairytale Tarot off my wish list! It was one of those holy grail decks that I figured I would never acquire. It’s such a beautifully produced deck, and I love reading the fairytales and the meanings of the cards in the context of these tales.